Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Maps of oil fields

I am looking up maps of South America right now - well, maps of South America and maps of oil fields in South America. I'm going to put them here so that they are easier to reference in the future. Fun stuff.
    Online Map Creation is a site that lets you make your own map - of course you have to know the coordinates first but that is a trival matter - right?

    USGS Maps showing Geology, Oil, and Gas Fields in South America - a good looking site with way more detail than I need. Especially good is the map you can download in the middle of the page.

    USGS Assessment of Undiscovered Oil and Gas Resources in Central and South America.

    When I get back to homebase and near ArcView, I can download everything I need to make the map from here.

    More GIS data.

    USGS South American land cover data.

    The USGS has sites all over the place. There needs to be some kind of reorg of the USGS - they have mounds of information but it takes hours to sift through to get what you really want. I am positive that someone has made the kind of map I want - I just haven't found it yet. Oh, I started this mini-rant because I found another USGS site with good information, CMG InfoBank Atlas: Brazil region.

    List of sites that maintain biological data for Brazil. Some of them do not work.

I think that is about all the map searching I can do today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home